Coconut oil seems to be everywhere nowadays, and is the number one trending health topic on google. Here are some reasons that make this amazing oil so revered.
- It’s great for your teeth. I used coconut oil to rinse my mouth every morning for just a week and saw my teeth whiten before my eyes. An easy way to store the rinses is to put the oil into an ice cube tray. Leave the tray in the freezer overnight, in the morning you just pop out a cube, suck on it, and swish. (Make sure to spit out the oil when you’re finished rinsing, you don’t want the bacteria from your mouth in your throat or stomach).
- Coconut oil has antibacterial properties, making it a good immune supporter, and will help you get rid of stomach infections.
- Coconut oil can stimulate hair growth. Simply apply the oil to base of scalp every morning when showering.
- Coconut oil is good for cooking. Coconut oil is super healthy and safe for cooking at high temperatures because of its high smoke point, and it will give your food a rich nutty flavor.
- Coconut oil is also great for dogs, and has benefits ranging from digestive help to glossy and soft coats. Start giving your dog small amounts of coconut oil in their food, (1/4 teaspoon for puppies or small dogs, 1 teaspoon for larger dogs), then gradually increase the dosage.
The best kind or gold-standard of coconut oil is organic extra virgin coconut oil, this type will give you the most benefits possible because of the way it is processed.